Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Dream Deferred 2008

A lot of people know that I write scripts or what not,and most recently started a blog.  But I do write poetry at times too.  I hardly ever share them.  I don't know why, maybe because they're pretty personal and may reveal a lot about me, good and bad.  Well I was going through my vault, a vault that is a decade plus in the making and thought I'd share one.  Who knows maybe I'll put together a book one day...





A Dream Deferred 2008



I tell you what happened to the dream deferred

It went in hibernation until it got the word



That it was time to awake because it’s our turn

It’s working all night until the candles burn



A dream deferred is now a dream that’s here

A dream that’s real, that has nothing to fear



The only question now is there enough room

For all these awakened dreams the worlds about to consume



A dream deferred is now a dream that’s “now”

It’s matured past a dream and now asking the question... “how”


No comments:

Post a Comment